The last year has seen unimaginable growth in the role of data and tech in our lives – and it's more important than ever to keep up. More and more businesses are looking for ways to increase their data capabilities to stay on top of the competition, increase efficiencies, and support their growth.
The programme covers the core technical skills required to transform data into insights, as well as softer skills like building narratives and presenting findings. Upon completion, apprentices will feel confident navigating the data landscape and using data to inform business decisions.
Delivering against the Data Technician Level 3 standard, the qualification draws from our industry insights as a leading data skills provider.
For companies, it’s a real opportunity to empower your workforce. Promoting the art of the possible, we help your business make the most of the data tools at your disposal. Learning the skills of the future, apprentices become advocates for data-informed decision-making – and are well placed to spearhead digital transformation strategies.
Most qualifications have a difficulty level. There are 9 qualification levels. The higher the level, the more difficult the qualification is.
Who it's for
Anyone who would benefit from building their confidence in using data to inform their team’s work. This could be people early on in their career or those already managing a team. The main requirement is a clear desire to embrace the future and develop their knowledge in this area.
To apply you'll need
- To have the right to work in the UK
- To have lived in the UK or EEA continuously for the past 3 years
- At least a grade of 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- To have not previously studied the course content
- To not undertake any other qualification during your apprenticeship
- To be able to apply your learning to your role
- Data Technician Level 3 apprenticeship
Starting your career?Get started(opens new window)
If you're already hired and looking to upskill at your work place, get in touch with your employer about next steps.
Getting Started with Data
- The foundations of what do you need to know about data and how is it different from information and then insight?
- How is data used in your business and in your role? How well are you currently using data vs. what you would like to be able to do?
Developing a Common Approach
- What are the key terms you need to use related to data (like metric, OKR) and can you evaluate the use of different approaches in different circumstances?.
- How do you identify and frame a business problem so that you’re then able to plan a data project to help solve the problem?
- How can you start answering business questions using PowerBI?
Using and Manipulating Data (Excel)
- What is the impact of cleaning data, and methods for doing the data cleaning and how do you do it?
- What does efficient use of Excel look like, including performing calculations across datasets?
- What are keys and how do you join datasets together?
Using and Manipulating Data (PowerBI)
- How do you get set up in PowerBI, load and join datasets together?
- How do you format, clean and prepare data for analysis using PowerBI?
- What are the most effective visuals to build and how do you do it with PowerBI?
Running Data Projects
- How do you scope and plan a piece of work underpinned by data, framing your problem accurately?
- How do you manage risks and manage your project to a clear conclusion?
- What are the core principles of data security and how do they relate to your organisation?
What makes it special?
- A full introduction for the line manager, preparing them to support the apprentice
- A programme designed in close collaboration with employers
- Assignments that relate directly to apprentices’ roles
- A clear focus on data literacy competencies as well as technical ability
- Personal development objectives, reviewed monthly
Opportunities for a lifetime
We place you with a top employer – a company where you can learn a ton while making your mark.
We bring some of the world's best applied learning content into our apprenticeships. The result is engaging and impactful programmes that give people the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in their careers. Matching candidates with the right qualification and our inspiring community enables a diverse group of future leaders to build social capital and strong networks, supporting their personal growth and professional development.
- World class content
- An unbeatable track record
- Outstanding client support
- Active, inspiring community
- Excellent learning experience
With you every step of the way
Grow quickly through regular 1-to-1 sessions with coaches invested in your progress – as a professional and a person
“I love being a coach because it exposes me to the journey of profound growth. I’m a cog in the wheel of many remarkable individuals lives and to witness their development is incredible.”
Project Management Coach
Find out more
Our team can help you shape the futureTalk to us
Starting your career?
Discover the opportunities ahead of youGet started(opens new window)