Quality assurance strategy
As part of our commitment to delivering excellent provision, we operate a quality assurance cycle which allows for continued review of performance and success measures at individual, cohort and apprenticeship level. Our quality assurance processes aim to achieve the following:
- Ensure all learners are achieving exceptional outcomes on the programme (with a particular focus on ensuring particular characteristic groups that are more likely to underperform are monitored closely)
- Ensure delivery is compliant with the rules, regulations and statutory duties as defined by the ESFA, OfS and Ofsted
- Identify best practice and areas of development for teaching and coaching staff
Learning Innovation & Operations (LIO) Leadership Meeting
- Weekly meeting of leads from LIO to complete data analysis and review key risk areas, including action planning to quickly remedy any emerging risks.
Senior Leadership Team
- Weekly meeting of the whole company leadership team, including VP of LIO to review key business metrics and conduct business planning activity.
Quarterly Offsite: Review and Planning
- Quarterly whole-company meeting to review analysis of performance in the previous quarter and share planning for improvement in next quarter.
Quality Subcommittee Meeting
- Quarterly meeting of governance committee with external members responsible for holding LIO Leadership to account on key performance metrics and improvement planning activity.
- Includes review of Self Assessment Report and Quality Improvement Plan (both updated on a bi-annual basis).
Teaching and Coaching Reviews
- All teaching and coaching staff are observed at least once per quarter and provided with individual feedback on areas to improve.
- The Coach Development Lead analyses data across end-of-course surveys, post-coaching survey, assessment and staff observations to develop a termly calendar of the weekly training session.
- Apprentice data is tracked live on dashboards, with performance indicators that are discussed every week during coach 1:1s. Any ongoing issues with performance are addressed through training and additional support.
Quarterly Programme Reviews (QPRs)
- Each quarter, there is a review of each programme led by the programme lead + the product manager responsible for that programme. Anyone from the company can join the ‘open’ part of the session.
- The sessions are grounded in data and include results (completion and pass rates, and apprentice final success metrics), our core programme metrics (PRs, OTJ, NPS) and other key indicators.
- Leads identify key trends and share the actions being taken to drive improvement.
- A monthly meeting is convened to review and discuss ongoing safeguarding issues between the Director of Advanced Programmes, the Safeguarding Lead and the Head of Delivery Operations.
- Trends are collated and reviewed by the Degree Apprenticeship Management Board as part of the ongoing quality assurance of the programme.
- Multiverse will also conduct regular, periodic observations of its exam invigilators to ensure that assessment regulations are being followed and that the conduct of all assessments meets the specified guidance and requirements. Invigilation observations will be conducted on all active invigilators during their first exam invigilation and at least annually thereafter.