Advanced Data Fellowship Whole
Our innovative Advanced Data Fellowship programme responds to the key business challenges surrounding digital transformation. With Multiverse, apprentices will be equipped with the tools to build data analytics capabilities within their organisation and use data to inform decision-making.
Delivered over 3 years 3 months, the Advanced Data Fellowship heightens knowledge of data analysis and broadens skill sets across technology solutions. Apprentices learn how to create clear dashboards using Business Intelligence tools, wrangle data in Python, and implement machine-learning algorithms to gain next level insights. They’ll also master how to manage system security, gather technical requirements, and manage systems development.
This apprenticeship is tailor made for professionals looking to upgrade how their organisation uses data to inform strategy and enhance products.
The first 15 months are delivered as the Data Fellowship and include 12 months of workshops, bootcamps, one-to-one coaching and 3 months of End Point Assessments. Upon completion, apprentices will gain the Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship.
The second part of the programme is made up of 30-credit modules and leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Digital Technology solutions (Data Analyst).
The 30-credit modules last 12 weeks and include apprentice-led learning and applied learning workshops. At Levels 5 and 6, each module contains a work-based project which forms a portfolio assessment at the end. There will also be an End Point Assessment that allow apprentices to report on a data transformation project which together with the portfolio, counts towards the outcome of the final degree.
Sessions are delivered virtually and learning is supported by materials accessible through our bespoke learning platform.
3 years 3 months
Most qualifications have a difficulty level. There are 9 qualification levels. The higher the level, the more difficult the qualification is.
Who it's for
Junior/Senior Data Analysts, Junior Data scientists, Data Engineers etc. Those who analyse large amounts of data, ideally from databases.
To apply you'll need
- To have the right to work in the UK
- To have lived in the UK or EEA continuously for the past three years
- At least a grade of 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- To have passed the Multiverse Maths aptitude test
- To have not previously studied the course content
- To not undertake any other qualification during your apprenticeship
- To be able to apply your learning to your role
- Level 4 apprenticeship standard in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Data Analytics)
If you're already hired and looking to upskill at your work place, get in touch with your employer about next steps.
Data analysis in industry
- Describe the data analytics lifecycle and set out details, activities and roles at each stage in a real-world example
- Design effective project briefs which communicate expectations to stakeholders
- Identify business specific rules related to data sets and data characteristics that will influence project design and analysis
- Get a head start for Python
Levelling up with Excel
- Improve Excel skills and outputs using pivot tables and visualisations
- Draw insights by combining multiple datasets using LOOKUP functions
- Automate small manual processes with Excel (e.g. data cleaning)
- EPA prep (introduction to portfolio project write ups and acceptable evidence)
- Understand normalised relational databases and how and why the principles are applied
- Identify starting points for overcoming project and technical problems
- Implement Quality Control measures and know how to assure the quality of data uploads and query output
Data Tools: SQL & Data Visualisation
- Introduction to databases & querying with SQL (Aggregating, cleansing and segmenting with SQL)
- Increase efficiency for data extracts by querying databases directly (Joins, views and functions in SQL)
- Gain an introduction to BI tools & bespoke reporting
Advanced BI & Project Presentation
- Improve reporting reporting with powerful dashboards
- Effectively package and present data to stakeholders through visualisations
- Conduct a BI project to be included as part of the portfolio
What makes this programme special?
- A full introduction for the line manager, preparing them to support the apprentice
- Experienced coaches and tutors, with content provided by academic experts
- The opportunity to gain a degree while working
- Work-based assessments and projects
- A cutting-edge curriculum based on real business needs
Opportunities for a lifetime
We place you with a top employer – a company where you can learn a ton while making your mark.
We bring some of the world's best applied learning content into our apprenticeships. The result is engaging and impactful programmes that give people the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in their careers. Matching candidates with the right qualification and our inspiring community enables a diverse group of future leaders to build social capital and strong networks, supporting their personal growth and professional development.
- World class content
- An unbeatable track record
- Outstanding client support
- Active, inspiring community
- Excellent learning experience
With you every step of the way
Grow quickly through regular 1-to-1 sessions with coaches who are invested in your progress—as a professional and as a person
“I love being a coach because it exposes me to the journey of profound growth. I’m a cog in the wheel of many remarkable individuals lives and to witness their development is incredible.”
Project Management Coach