Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Multiverse is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment for all apprentices and staff that is not only free from discrimination and unfair treatment, but that actively values and celebrates difference. Diversity and Inclusion go to the heart of the Multiverse mission to create a diverse group of future leaders and as such we are committed to creating an environment in which every individual can thrive.
Whilst this policy covers the apprentices experience as a learner at Multiverse, they should also refer to the Equality and Diversity policy at their place of work.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a service to and following practices which are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no apprentice, staff member or applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. It seeks also to ensure that no person is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment.
All staff and learners are covered by this policy and it applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, training and career development. These areas are monitored and policies and practices are amended if necessary to ensure that no unfair or unlawful discrimination, intentional, unintentional, direct or indirect, overt or latent exists.
The Inclusion and Diversity Lead has particular responsibility for implementing and monitoring the Equality and Diversity policy and, as part of this process, all personnel policies and procedures are administered with the objective of promoting equality of opportunity and eliminating unfair or unlawful discrimination.
Equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and compliance with the law is to the benefit of all individuals in our Company as it seeks to develop the skills and abilities of its people. While specific responsibility for eliminating discrimination and providing equality of opportunity lies with managers and supervisors, staff at all levels and all apprentices have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect. The personal commitment of every staff member and apprentice to this policy and application of its principles are essential to eliminate discrimination and provide equality throughout Multiverse.
Please note: This procedure does not constitute contractual terms and conditions. Multiverse reserves the right to amend any provision of this procedure subsequent to appropriate consultation.
Our commitment as an employer
Multiverse is committed to:
- creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
- entitling every employee, worker or self-employed contractor to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
- providing training, development and progression opportunities to all staff
- understanding equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
- reviewing all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
- training all staff on the topic of Inclusion & Diversity so that all staff understand their responsibility for behaving in an inclusive manner and contributing to an inclusive environment and culture.
Our employment as a training provider
Multiverse is committed to:
- providing services to which all apprentices are entitled regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, offending past, caring responsibilities or socio-economic background
- making sure our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users and apprentices by assessing and meeting the diverse needs of our apprentices
- fully supporting this policy by senior management and ensuring agreement has been reached with the staff Inclusion & Diversity Steering Group
- monitoring and reviewing this policy annually
- having clear procedures that enable our apprentices to access support and/or to raise a grievance or make a complaint if they feel they have been unfairly treated by either speaking to their Coach or emailing the Apprentice Support Team at email@example.com.
- training all staff on the topic of Inclusion & Diversity so that all staff understand their responsibility for behaving in an inclusive manner and contributing to an inclusive environment and culture
- treating breaches of our equality and diversity policy by our staff as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
- promoting a diversity of voices throughout our community events schedule and designing community events, networks and programmes that meet a diversity of needs and interests
Equality, diversity and inclusion mentoring
We will collect and closely monitor data on both the diversity of our staff body and apprentice community in addition to staff and apprentice experience. Through this monitoring we aim to continually improve our diversity and inclusion practices, policies and our Inclusion & Diversity strategy.
Please see also:
Equal opportunity policy statements
- ensure that people of all ages are treated with respect and dignity
- ensure that people of working age are given equal access to our employment, training, development and promotion opportunities and
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about younger and older people.
- provide any reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people have access to our services and employment opportunities
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about disabled people and
- seek to continue to improve access to information by ensuring availability of loop systems, braille facilities, alternative formatting and sign language interpretation.
- challenge racism wherever it occurs
- respond swiftly and sensitively to racists incidents and
- actively promote race equality in Multiverse.
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about women and men
- take positive action to redress the negative effects of discrimination against women and men
- offer equal access for women and men to representation, services, employment, training and pay and encourage other organisations to do the same and
- provide support to prevent discrimination against transsexual people who have or who are about to undergo gender reassignment.
- ensure that we take account of the needs of LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning and other sexualities not listed) staff and apprentices
- promote positive images of the LGBTQ+ community
Religion or belief
- ensure that employees’ religion or beliefs and related observances are respected and accommodated wherever possible and
- respect people’s beliefs where the expression of those beliefs does not impinge on the legitimate rights of others.
Pregnancy or maternity
- ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of pregnancy or maternity
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about the pregnancy or maternity of our employees and
- ensure that no individual is disadvantaged and that we take account of the needs of our employees’ pregnancy or maternity.
Marriage or civil partnership
- ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of marriage or civil partnership;
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about the marriage or civil partnership of our employees and
- ensure that no individual is disadvantaged and that we take account the needs of our employees’ marriage or civil partnership.